Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bunk beds

We will say farewell to our crib this weekend! I'm excited for Max who will turn 2 Monday but shattered inside. I can't believe we will no longer have a baby in our home, ever. I thought I was ready to make this transition but I miss babies.
So, we are embarking on the bunk bed journey. The boys are going to try to sleep in the same room. We are going to start with Hayden's bed as a back up but I do hope it is a smooth transition. Any advice? Max has been in a crib so the big boy bed makes me nervous.
We looked high and low for bunk beds. We wanted a navy frame and naturally I turned to Pottery Barn Kids. Until the thought of $1600 for bunk beds seemed a little overwhelming. So we picked out a bunk bed from IKEA. It was under $200 and after a fresh coat of beautiful paint it looks great! Highly recommend IKEA so far. More to follow on the journey I'm sure!


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: